× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi With Nighthawk AX6

texaggie1994
Aspirant

Orbi With Nighthawk AX6

I have Orbi RBR40 with 3 satellites installed and if works wonderfully, except for inside my metal shop building.  The satellite is mounted on the wall outside of the building, but inside the signal is blocked.  I bought a Nighthawk RAX49 AX6 to "extend" the signal inside the building by running an ethernet cord from outside plugged into the ORBI satellite, and then plugged the other end into the AX6 inside the building.  The internet connection light is always RED.

What can I do to correct this?  I've heard it needs to be "bridged"??  Help Please 

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi With Nighthawk AX6

What is the model# of the AX6? EAX##? 

Message 2 of 8
texaggie1994
Aspirant

RAX49

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 8
texaggie1994
Aspirant

I am learning as I go, I changed it to AP and selected choose IP address dynamically from existing router. 

Do I also change the wireless settings to match the SSID and password of the main Orbi Router?

Message 5 of 8
texaggie1994
Aspirant

Thank you for the advice, will AP mode be much slower than router mode?

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Would be same or a bit faster since it doesnt' have to do any router functions. Best speed will depend on devices and the connection rate and condition between the RBR and RBS if you connect up this AP. Be sure channels are far appart from what the Orbi uses. 

Message 7 of 8
texaggie1994
Aspirant

Channels?  In AP mode, I set the channels to AUTO, hopefully this works.   

Forgot to mention that I have an older X6 AC3200 that works perfectly tied to the ORBI.  We use this one on the road with our travel trailer, so thats why I bought the new one.  THought this would be like a direct replacement, but it's kicking my butt.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7