× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Our NIGHTHAWK AX8 shuts down WIFI when starting PC's conneted to LAN!!

Franstar
Follower

Our NIGHTHAWK AX8 shuts down WIFI when starting PC's conneted to LAN!!

Hi

I've now tried everything to get our router up and running properbly. However, nothing really seems to do the trick. Tried settings and firmware rollbacks and firmware updates. Nothing helps

Every time I connect one of our pc's to the LAN port and turns it on it shuts down every WIFI connections it's conneted with.

How in the world can this happen on a "highend" router like this?

Any adwise would be really appriciated

Thank You

Regards, Frank

IT-coordinator

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Our NIGHTHAWK AX8 shuts down WIFI when starting PC's conneted to LAN!!

Hi Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience. I'd like for our Support Team to get in contact with you for further investigation. If you're interested, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Our NIGHTHAWK AX8 shuts down WIFI when starting PC's conneted to LAN!!

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7