× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Package loss with RAX200

tinizong
Tutor

Package loss with RAX200

Hi everybode.
I bought the Nighthawk RAX200 router. The modem of the ISP (Gigabox UPC) is set to bridge-mode and the router is connected to the PC via a Cat 6 Ethernet cable.

In this setup I have regular stutters and package losses in online games (Valorant, CoD:Warzone, World of Warcraft), which make playing impossible.

I have now deactivated the bridge mode on the modem of the ISP (Gigabox UPC) and connected the PC directly to the modem with the same cable. The Netgear router is now in AccessPoint mode. The interruptions are no longer noticeable.

I had hoped for more from the product and could have bought a dedicated AP. I would also like to use the other functions that the router offers. VPN server etc.

How can I fix my problems with the package losses?

With kind regards

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
tinizong
Tutor

Hi all

I head contact with the Support and they adviced me to set the Internet IP from "Provided by ISP" to "Static IP". That worked so far. I will keep an eye on this topic.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
tinizong
Tutor

Hi all

I head contact with the Support and they adviced me to set the Internet IP from "Provided by ISP" to "Static IP". That worked so far. I will keep an eye on this topic.

Cheers.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7