× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700AX Drops Kindle Fire 10gen Internet Connection

JayCorn
Follower

R6700AX Drops Kindle Fire 10gen Internet Connection

Newly installed AX1800 Wifi6 R6700AX (latest software as of 04/13/24) connection to an Amazon Kindle Fire 9-10gen (OS 7.3.2.9) is unsuccessful or inconsistant.   Either the Kindle continously cycles trying to connect to the router and bounces between "connecting" and "saved" with no connection.  On other occasions, the Kindle does connect, but after a few minutes, drops the connection with the message "no internet" then after a minute reconnects, but will continously drop and reconnect.  When I look at the Netgear app, it show the Kindle as a connected device although if I turn off the Kindle and do a refresh on the Netgear app, it still show up as a connected device.  The issue stays the same whether SID is broadcasted or not. All other devices, Amazon TV, Roku TV and streaming stick, TCL TV, and cell phones all connect and work properly.  If I replace the AX1800 with my old Netgear N300/WPR200 router, all works well, just slower.  Note that I am using the same SID name, password and security encryption on both Netgear devices but only have had one online and powered on at the same time.  If I go with the SID and password that came as the default for the Netgear AX1800 device, I have the same issue with my Kindle. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6700AX Drops Kindle Fire 10gen Internet Connection

Sounds like the Kindle doesn't like the wifi on the AX router. 

There any AX mode settings on the routers web page that can be disabled? Maybe under Basic tab/Wireless settings? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7