× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7850

SMB2020
Aspirant

R7850

Purchased Nighthawk Model R7850 X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router from Sam's Club & downloaded app to set up, but cannot get beyond a certain spot as it says cannot identity device. Had my ISP come & they couldn't even get it to function. ISP guy said the internet is there, but Nighthawk isn't "pushing" it on out to the WiFi. Any ideas about the issue? Oh, and unfortunately I do NOT have my receipt for the purchase. Currently, using the ISP's router since Nighthawk can't be set up.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R7850

What modem is it being connected to? 

What firmware is on it? 

Try doing the setup not in the app. I'm not a huge fan of the app. Best route? hardwire into the router and run through setup that way. Tends to go faster and have less issues. Plus its the prefered way to upgrade a routers firmware. 

Message 2 of 4
SMB2020
Aspirant

I apologize for not being very tech savvy, but all is I can really tell you is we have fiber thru our electric coop so I'm guessing I am using their modem. And, don't really know what firmware is?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

whats the model number on the box its hooked to? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7