× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX 20 - problems and comments

stefank33per
Follower

RAX 20 - problems and comments

RAX 20 - V1.0.4.100_2.0.64 (EU/Poland)

I recently changed the router to Netgear RAX20 and wanted to share with you my comments and problems I noticed.

I wanted to do a simple network segmentation but, since the router cannot be managed via the INTERNET port (from the WAN side - remote management) in the web browser (there are more configuration options than the modest possibilities of the Netgear Nighthawk app) I switched the router to AP mode.

Problems I noticed:

- in the advanced wifi settings for 5GHz, it is not possible to change the Preamble Mode setting: from Long to Short

- in the advanced settings for LED Control - with the Turn off all LEDs except Power LED setting - after some time of use, a second LED lights up on the router next to the very bright Power LED.

- you can connect to the router's configuration page using HTTP/HTTPS (HTTP is not secure), there is no configuration options for how to connect to the router, such as: HTTP - on/off, redirect HTTP to HTTPS (something resembling advanced ReadySHARE configuration) 😄

Conclusions from use:

- no possibility to change the login name: "admin"

- there is no option regarding the automatic logout time, the window to log in again often appears 😞

- as I mentioned at the beginning, it is not possible to manage the router using a cable connection via the INTERNET port (from the WAN side), I skip the mobile application which is such a gadget 🙂 something can be done but not everything.

- now a bit about the appearance of the configuration window, I use FHD monitors - information presented for options such as: "Attached Devices" or "Router Status" - they look very strange, large icons, a lot of empty spaces, the menu looks as if it was prepared for a resolution of 4k or higher :(, the presented information does not fit on the screen, although it should, you have to scroll. The side menu is ok - I mean the form/way of presenting information in the main part of the window.

- the progress animation of introducing configuration changes is very slow and probably has nothing to do with the real progress (you can see the response of the router LEDs :D)

- I will also add that the router's configuration options are generally modest.

- the router supports PMF for wifi - an advantage for me - disabled by default!

- the router works stably!

regards

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RAX 20 - problems and comments

Thank you for all the feedback.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply