× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX 48 Ethernet Ports - WAN & LAN Ports stopped working suddenly.

Razor004
Aspirant

RAX 48 Ethernet Ports - WAN & LAN Ports stopped working suddenly.

Hi,

I have RAX 48 and few weeks back the Ethernet Ports - WAN & LAN Ports of my routed stopped working suddenly. I have applied all the available firmware's at Netgear and still no use. Does anyone have same issue and was able to resolve. Please advise the recommendations on how to fix the issues. Below are steps I already performed and still no use.

- Factory reset. 

- Applied each available firmwares.

- Loopback Test with the CAT /RJ45 Cable. The LAN ports doesn't lit up.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX 48 Ethernet Ports - WAN & LAN Ports stopped working suddenly.

Power OFF with pulling the power adapter after a factory reset for 30 seconds? 

If nothing will connect, sounds like the unit needs to be RMAd. 

Message 2 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@Razor004 wrote:

Hi,

I have RAX 48 and few weeks back the Ethernet Ports - WAN & LAN Ports of my routed stopped working suddenly. I have applied all the available firmware's at Netgear and still no use. Does anyone have same issue and was able to resolve. Please advise the recommendations on how to fix the issues. Below are steps I already performed and still no use.

- Factory reset. 

- Applied each available firmwares.

- Loopback Test with the CAT /RJ45 Cable. The LAN ports doesn't lit up.

Thanks in advance.

Check your power adapter.  Make sure the input requirements on the back of your RAX48 match the output specifications on the adapter part you plug in to the wall outlet.  Do you have a different adapter that you could substitute?  Possibly plug the transformer part into a different outlet?

Message 3 of 4
Razor004
Aspirant

Tried the method.  Still same. I think the router is gone. The whole point of BYOD is squashed. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7