× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 Connection to Zen full fibre FTTP(UK)

Splitr
Tutor

RAX120 Connection to Zen full fibre FTTP(UK)

Hi all,

I have a new Zen full Fibre FTTP connection in the UK. I would like to use my RAX 120 router and do have it working (ish) on IPv4 with zen; although the connection does seem to drop quite regularly. I am also unable to get IPv6 working at all and have tried most combination of available settings. I am looking for any help or advice on two counts:

1. Does anyone have any experience or advice on how to set ZEN FTTP (UK) on this particular router or any other Netgear Router?
  2. Any experience or advice on how to set up IPv6 would also be very much appreciated.

Find below details on my particular set up.

My Router:Nighthawk® AX12 RAX120
Router Firmware Version V1.2.8.40

IPv4 Works S

Splitr_4-1694529987191.png

Splitr_5-1694529998921.png

Splitr_6-1694530011295.png

Note No VLAN Settings are made.

IPv6 Settings (nb. No IPv6 connection is made)
Splitr_7-1694530025586.png

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd ask the ISP for help on this to ensure there ISP Serices and PPPoE account information and configuration is set correctly ON the router. Ask them for help and information on IPv6. Ensure they natively support IPv6 and ask about which protocol they require. DCHP, Static, 6to4, 6RD, etc. They should know how to get it working right. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd ask the ISP for help on this to ensure there ISP Serices and PPPoE account information and configuration is set correctly ON the router. Ask them for help and information on IPv6. Ensure they natively support IPv6 and ask about which protocol they require. DCHP, Static, 6to4, 6RD, etc. They should know how to get it working right. 

Message 2 of 3
Splitr
Tutor

Hi,

I thought I'd just follow up on this in case anyone else has the same issue. Basically I checked with Zen and you have to ask them to turn IPv6 on, which they do immediately, no charge. As soon as they did, all I had to do is reboot the router and all the settings in the original post worked.

The general instability of the connection on IPv4 turned out to be a cabling issue. I had a 40m Cat5e going to the study with a NAS. When I upgraded the internet connection to basically Gbs it must had reached it's limit. Stung 50m of Cat8 over the roof and Rax 120 router handles it with ease.

I would recommend Zen BTW, they have great customer service.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7