× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 LAN-side MTU setting

fingaz
Aspirant

RAX120 LAN-side MTU setting

Hey all,

I've switched from an Asus RT-AX82U to the Netgear RAX120 (simply for the Multigig port), and finding a few downfalls (the Asus firmware is honestly MUCH nicer, and power-user friendly...0)

Anyway, I think I already know the answer, but is there a way to set the LAN MTU? I use jumbo frames (MTU9000) across my entire network, but seems the RAX120 doesn't allow for setting this...

It also doesn't allow you to define per-client DNS servers as part of DHCP Static leases, amongst other things.

For a product released 3years ago, it does seem lacking!

Is there any beta firmware, or custom firmware kicking about? Or even firmware source?

Thanks!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
fingaz
Aspirant

Re: RAX120 LAN-side MTU setting

Oh man, just found this post which echos my sentiments: RAX120 Firmware RIDICULOUS - NETGEAR Communities

That was a year ago now; so I guess we can't hold out much hope for firmware changes any more? I see the GPL source code is released, but I wonder if this is sufficient to build a custom firmware (maybe openwrt) from...

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7