× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 firmware update from v1.0.1.108. Is there a stable version?

Bluejacket
Guide

RAX120 firmware update from v1.0.1.108. Is there a stable version?

Hello, I bought a RAX120 more than 1 1/2 years ago. I had one previous to that and had issues with it. I had posted on the community about it. I setup the new one and it has been running fine. Unfortunately I had a job that took me away for long periods of time. Now I probably need to update firmware. I downloaded v1.2.3.28. From what I have read, is it the most stable? I would like some opinions on it. Is it best to reset router right off or see if the router is working properly first?

Thanks.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX120 firmware update from v1.0.1.108. Is there a stable version?

I haven't seen a ton of post on the latest firmware. 

What I'd do? Make a backup of your current configuration.

If you upgrade and it sucks, you can always downgrade back and restore your configuration. 

If you do have issues after upgrading, I'd factory reset before downgrading. 

Message 2 of 4
Bluejacket
Guide

Thank you. I just want to be sure that I am updating to a good reliable and stable firmware version. I prefer not to revert back to v1.0.1.108. That was the original version when I bought the router. I am sure that some are having success with later versions.

Message 3 of 4
dcinca
Apprentice

I hope you saved a config before trying the other firmware.

The most stable firmware is v1.0.1.108 so far.

the second choice is  V1.0.2.136 (A random reboot about once a week).

This is the feedback from a fan group that I am in. (About 100 rax120 users).

v1.2.3.28 has some NAT problem I think. I tried it before. I can print from a computer but can't receive the scanned data from the printer(Canon MX922). It feels like data can only be transmitted in one direction. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7