× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 or RAX 70

Gazza97
Follower

RAX120 or RAX 70

Hello. I am looking to replace my ISP router due to the fact it can only transmit WIFI at 400mb/s

I have reviewed both of these models and cannot figure out which is best for me. My ISP speed is only 1GB at present so both of these maybe overkill but allows for upgraded speed at a later date if available. I live in a large 5 bedroom house and the router is in the center of the house. At present there are no blackspots. There are around 30 devices connected at present, PS5, Xbox, Phones, tablets, Fire TV's, notebooks etc. I cannot decide if range or bands are more important .Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Garry

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX120 or RAX 70

Either would work. The 120 has a bit more capability. 

Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

I'd go for the RAX70. The RAX120 seems to be unreliable for quite a few people (reboots/crashes often) judging by reading responses on this forum, and its firmware seems to be a bit flaky.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

There is a beta that resolves that. Were waiting on NG to make a official release. If beta is loaded, RAX120 works great. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7