× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 - Allowed Device Table Corrupted?

jtma67
Aspirant

RAX200 - Allowed Device Table Corrupted?

When cleaning up my router, I found there appears to be corruption in the 'Allowed Devices Connected to the Network" Table.  One entry seems to be missing the check box that would allow changes to be made to a device.  Is there a way to repair this table, short of returning the router back to FACTORY DEFAULTS and manually rebuilding the list of allowed devices?  SEE ATTACH PICTURE OF THIS ISSUE.

Device Hardware Version:  RAX200

Firmware Version:  V1.0.6.138_1.0.76

GUI Language Version:  V1.0.6.138_2.1.46.1

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX200 - Allowed Device Table Corrupted?

Since you factory reset and setup from scratch, now save off a new backup config to file for safe keeping. I would use MS Edge or Firefox for this. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering the routers web page.

Try a different browser?

Try a different PC to see if problem follows...

Your behind on FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-with-WiFi-6-AX-and/New-RAX80-RAX200-Firmware-Version-1-0-...

I'd do a factory reset and setup from scratch before updating FW. 

Message 2 of 6
Kitsap
Master

@jtma67 wrote:

When cleaning up my router, I found there appears to be corruption in the 'Allowed Devices Connected to the Network" Table.  One entry seems to be missing the check box that would allow changes to be made to a device.  Is there a way to repair this table, short of returning the router back to FACTORY DEFAULTS and manually rebuilding the list of allowed devices?  SEE ATTACH PICTURE OF THIS ISSUE.

Device Hardware Version:  RAX200

Firmware Version:  V1.0.6.138_1.0.76

GUI Language Version:  V1.0.6.138_2.1.46.1

If you saved off a backup configuration file, you could try to restore it after a firmware default reset and hope it does not bring in the corrupted information.  If not, the reset is your only option.

Best practice lesson learned.  On a routine basis, save off a backup copy of the configuration file.

Message 3 of 6
jtma67
Aspirant

Sorry for the very slow response, and thank you for your input.  I tried creating a configuration back-up and then resetting the router to factory defaults and then reloading the configuration.  Then information that was reloaded also appeared to be slightly corrupt, having a bunch of non-alpha character in descriptions and the like.  I wound up just going to factory defaults and re-entering information.  It actually allowed me to clean out a number of allowed users who I had allowed access in the past, so not all was lost.  The table seems to be just fine now.  Thanks for you input...... John

Message 4 of 6
jtma67
Aspirant

Sorry for the late response.... I did try different browsers and the problem was unchanged.  My resolution was to factory default the router and reenter allowed users.  Thanks for your input none the less.   John

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Since you factory reset and setup from scratch, now save off a new backup config to file for safe keeping. I would use MS Edge or Firefox for this. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7