× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 - Extender IP addresses on devices page

Unbreak_Able
Aspirant

RAX200 - Extender IP addresses on devices page

Hi all,
I have a RAX200 that I got recently but need wifi to the driveway and garage. So using old asus router as range extender (repeater). The Asus as repeater mode will only show connected devices it gets from the main router (RAX200).
The RAX200 Attached Devices page will only show anything connected directly to it.
It will not show anything connected via the repeater (Asus).
I wonder why the Attached Devices page cannot list all the IP addresses it is allocating to the Asus repeater? It just gives the one address (not always the one belonging to the repeater itself either).
The old Voda router would display every device in it's own right (even those attached via repeater/extender).
Unclear why RAX200 needs to be sub-par vs a free ISP router.

Anyone think I'm wrong or have a better suggestion?

Cheers
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Unbreak_Able
Aspirant

Re: RAX200 - Extender IP addresses on devices page

Something I should probably have mentioned ; I spoke to NG support earlier and they confirmed that the router will only show one IP per attached device and it will only show devices connected directly to the router (will not show devices connected to the repeater/extender).

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Possibly that the ASUS maybe masking devices that connects to it and is not passing thru to the RAX. 

Something to ask ASUS about. 

Message 2 of 8
plemans
Guru

I could be the asus in extender mode is using its own IP address range to assign to devices. 

have you checked that? 

Message 3 of 8
Unbreak_Able
Aspirant

I've run the asus as repeater for the old Vodafone isp router and it was passing them through to that fine. So I don't think it is the Asus router.
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a NG branded extender/repeater to check that.

Message 5 of 8
Unbreak_Able
Aspirant

The Asus doesn't have any IP address range in repeater mode. All that gets disabled when you put it in repeater mode.
Besides, the Asus addresses have always been traditional (192.168.1.*) whereas the RAX200 changed them to bespoke so as not to clash with the Vodafone router (which I have to keep as ISP gateway for FTTP).
Message 6 of 8
Unbreak_Able
Aspirant

I don't have an NG branded extender/ router to use as extender/router. Had one years ago but a mate asked to buy it off me so that is gone.
Don't think the brand of extender/repeater router should matter though.
Appreciate the suggestion however.
Message 7 of 8
Unbreak_Able
Aspirant

Something I should probably have mentioned ; I spoke to NG support earlier and they confirmed that the router will only show one IP per attached device and it will only show devices connected directly to the router (will not show devices connected to the repeater/extender).
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7