× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 Wifi disconnects once a week

FranciscoMx
Aspirant

RAX200 Wifi disconnects once a week

I am very disappointed with this expensive router. I thought I was buying state of the art, the batman of the home routers wenn I bought the RAX200 Nighthawk router, but it keeps disconnecting the wifi, loses connection and requires a reboot around once a week in my case. It is the most expensive and most unrealiable router I have owned in the last 20 plus years. Firmware is up to date: V1.0.5.126_1.0.65.

The Netgear support ist also the worst I ever got (actually I never got ahold of anybody with knowledge and when I did call - once- the Chinese speaker did not understand what my problem was and kept repeating the same thing like a broken record. Not helpful at all).

I have read plenty of posts here that talk about the same problem so this is really a design flaw, not repaired by simply changing the hardware. Anyway: does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

I guess I will have to put this $500 paperweight in the trash.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

How long have you had it? 

What modem/gateway do you have? 

What it starts having issues (after that week period) what exactly happens? Do devices say "connected, no internet", does wifi stop broadcasting, what actually happens?

Did it ever work properly? If so, when did it change?

Message 2 of 5
RajaDaja
Luminary

I feel you man! I'm sick off it!........Out of nowhere!  BAM!

So, now that I have that off my chest.......I'm stepping away from Netgear routers for awhile. Bought a different brand, just awaiting delivery. Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
FranciscoMx
Aspirant

Thank you, Plemans for your answer. I have it since end of November 2020 and because I bought it in Switzerland ( activated in Brazil where I am based now) I have a 2 years waranty until 4 of December 2022. 

I use a PPPoE connection that the router controls. I just inserter my username and password i the routers PPPoE tab. There is no other hardware. 

The wifi stays on in my Macbook pro and Iphone 12, my alexa echo dots say "the internet is down or the like" however the app does not connect to the router. 

I have used the router at my present location in Brazil since December 2020. I only became acutely aware of this "internet blocking"/ router not working in March 2021. I also read other similar experiences online. Somebody told me to do a factory reset which I have never done. Firmware is up to date. I cant have a router that disconnects everyweek. I have security cameras that rely on a trustworthy router to keep working nonstop. Netgear customer service is nonexistant. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

It might be the ip lease from your ISP expiring and not auto-renewing. 

You could try the factory reset or downgrading the firmware. 

Doesn't hurt to try. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7