× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 latest firmware update 1.0.6.138 will not start

GoranC
Guide

RAX200 latest firmware update 1.0.6.138 will not start

Regardless of how I try to update to this latest firmware release (mobile app or from PC-browser) the update does not start.

When searching from inside app/browser it returns an answer saying I already have the latest firmware (1.0.5.132) and there is not a new one. When trying to update from the firmware file I downloaded from Netgear, an update does not start.

Any idea if there is something wrong with this latest firmware update or if I am doing something wrong?

Thank you

GoranC

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions

Re: RAX200 latest firmware update 1.0.6.138 will not start

Hi @GoranC , please just follow this instruction to update the F/W, no need to click apply.

CD_router_888_0-1650873138113.png

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Does it give you an error? 

Did you try a different web browser? 

Are you trying to do it manually or using the automatic update option? 

Message 2 of 13
GoranC
Guide

Now I've tried repeating the same procedure with both Chorme, Edge and Firefox. All with the same result - nothing happens. I guess there is something wrong with this update.

Goran C

Message 3 of 13
plemans
Guru

"nothing happens"

Does it error out? Does the page just reload? Does it give a notice of improper file? 

Message 4 of 13
GoranC
Guide

Hi,

No, there are no error messages or anything. When I click on "apply" the page seems to reload but no update process is triggered. The only thing that happens is that the box where I pointed to where the update file is stored on the hard drive now is empty again, so have have to point to it anew.

Thanks for your previous suggestions. Maybe this update is not available for my country (Sweden) as both the Nighthawk app and the update search from inside the application page after I've logged on, say that I already have the latest update. But there is no information about country restrictions on the dowload page for RAX200. It is a bit confusing:)

Message 5 of 13
plemans
Guru

powered my rax200 on and tried it and it worked fine. I'd try a different pc

Message 6 of 13
GoranC
Guide

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried from a laptop but unfortunately with the same result. I realize I could try factory reset of the router and start all over from the beginning, but not sure it's worth the hassle. Wouldn't bother really as everything is running fine, if it wasn't for Netgear saying they have addressed some security issues in the latest update.

Thank you for your support.

Message 7 of 13
Eric35
Guide

Same thing is happening to me.
I've tried to update and it doesn't work.
From the app it says i am on the latest version update.

(Konstigt, har du lyckats ännu eller är det fortfarande samma problem för dig också?.)
Message 8 of 13
GoranC
Guide

Fortsatt samma problem:)

Message 9 of 13

Hi @GoranC , please just follow this instruction to update the F/W, no need to click apply.

CD_router_888_0-1650873138113.png

Message 10 of 13
GoranC
Guide

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean as I don't see a link or comment on what to do. Just a blurred icon looking like this:

GoranC_0-1650877138381.gif

Thanks for trying to help.

Message 11 of 13

Hi @GoranC , I just PM you.

Message 12 of 13
GoranC
Guide

Hi again, I followed your advice not to click apply. Just pointed to the downloaded update file on my hard drive and instead clicked "transfer" (or whatever it says in English - my browser language is Swedish). After that the update started and finished successfully.

Thank you for your advice.

GoranC

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7