× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200: sometimes wifi clients cannot see each other

Claghorn
Tutor

RAX200: sometimes wifi clients cannot see each other

I was trying to figure out why my Galaxy S21 couldn't access the local web server on an old dell I'm using to control my 3D printer. The dell is using wireless and talks to the internet at large just fine, my direct connect desktop system can talk to the dell just fine as well, but other wireless devices sometimes cannot see the dell. When it starts happening, it is not just the phone, but also tablets that cannot see the dell wifi. After trying zillions of things, I rebooted the RAX 200, and everything started talking again.

I just checked for new firmware on the router and it says there isn't any update available. Firmware V1.0.4.120_1.0.61, GUI V1.0.4.120_2.1.46.1. Maybe I should just tell it to reboot every day?

When in this state, no device has any other problem I can detect. They all connect to the internet just fine, they just can't see the web server on the local wifi connected system.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
blatteri
Aspirant

Re: RAX200: sometimes wifi clients cannot see each other

I have the same problem but with my brother printer/ scanner. I think it has to do with the brother using 802.11n while all the other devices on the network are Wi-Fi 5 or 6.

Not sure how to fix it permanently but a reboot of the router and other devices eventually gets them taking to each other. I
Message 2 of 5
Claghorn
Tutor

I got the new V1.0.5 firmware last night, and at least one thing which almost always failed was working this morning. Small sample size, but I'm hopeful.

Message 3 of 5
Claghorn
Tutor

Nope, took a few days, but once again, I can't see my 3D printer controller from my phone on the same lan. I guess it is time to look at programming my home automation system to power cycle the router once a day. (If there is a scheduled reboot feature in the router itself, I sure can't find it).

Message 4 of 5
blatteri
Aspirant

I noticed the same thing with my brother Multifunction laser printer that connects to wifi via 802.11n only not AC or X.

If anyone has a fix please share.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7