× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX30 Two Factor Authentication (2fa) is not requiring a code from the request phone.

TomCo_1
Follower

RAX30 Two Factor Authentication (2fa) is not requiring a code from the request phone.

There is no documentation in the User Manual that I can locate.

Anyway, iPhone / (dropdown) Account Management / 3 choices: Edit Profile / Login Settings / Delete My NETGEAR Account; Select Login Settings.  Choice: Two-Step Verification or Log in with Face ID.

Chose Two-Step Verification (2fa / 2fv). To Enable this, you need a trusted device via phone #. 

At this point it is all very sketchy on what to do. If the phone you are using is also the trusted device for verification, I assume it would never ask for verification (and it's not working for me).  Obviously, why bother.  However, it should never allow the same phone you are using (makes no sense).  Now, try and change the phone #.  I can't seem to change it.  

I believe without 2fa, there is big security issue. 

Note, as advised by a Security show, if you select Face ID, and someone has your phone AND the phone has pictures of "you" on it, it's possible to defeat the Face ID.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RAX30 Two Factor Authentication (2fa) is not requiring a code from the request phone.

You posted this in the ReadyNAS forum area (not the right forum for routers)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: RAX30 Two Factor Authentication (2fa) is not requiring a code from the request phone.

You posted this in the ReadyNAS forum area (not the right forum for routers)

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Look here: How do I set up two-factor authentication (2FA) for my NETGEAR account using the Nighthawk or Orbi a... 

Convinced a moderator is able to move your post to the more appropriate Nighthawk With WiFi 6 (AX) And WiFi 6E (AXE) Routers to discuss Nighthawk (RAX and RAXE Series) router products.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7