× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX30 WPA3 Google Nest MIni G2 Cant Connect

Dwarfboysim
Follower

RAX30 WPA3 Google Nest MIni G2 Cant Connect

Hi all,

I have the RAX30 Nighthawk Router.  Have had a few quirks with it, which I think I have ironed out now.  I am currently running my WIFI network as 2 seperate networks.  One on 2.4Ghz with an SSID and also the 5Ghz one on another SSID.  I am currently running WPA2-PSK[AES] for the security.  I would like to take it to WPA3-PSK + WPA2-PSK [AES] but when I have that encryption enabled I cannot get the Google Nest Mini Gen 2's I have to connect to the WIFI at all.  I have tried multiple combinations of encryption and seperate bands or with SMART CONNECT without sucess.

My smart light bulbs appear to have no issue connecting to the WPA3 and with SMART CONNECT enabled.

What are peoples experiences with the NightHawk RAX30 and Google Devices?

Thanks in advance.

Dwarfboysim

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: RAX30 WPA3 Google Nest MIni G2 Cant Connect

@Dwarfboysim wrote:

Hi all,

I have the RAX30 Nighthawk Router.  Have had a few quirks with it, which I think I have ironed out now.  I am currently running my WIFI network as 2 seperate networks.  One on 2.4Ghz with an SSID and also the 5Ghz one on another SSID.  I am currently running WPA2-PSK[AES] for the security.  I would like to take it to WPA3-PSK + WPA2-PSK [AES] but when I have that encryption enabled I cannot get the Google Nest Mini Gen 2's I have to connect to the WIFI at all.  I have tried multiple combinations of encryption and seperate bands or with SMART CONNECT without sucess.

My smart light bulbs appear to have no issue connecting to the WPA3 and with SMART CONNECT enabled.

What are peoples experiences with the NightHawk RAX30 and Google Devices?

Thanks in advance.

Dwarfboysim

Two separate SSID's does not mean two separate networks.  You have one network with separate SSID's on two different Wi-FI frequency bands.

Your Google Nest client device may or may not support connection to a combination WPA3-WPA2 security setting.  In particular it may not support the combination setting your Netgear router transmits.

WPA3 is new enough that not all devices (of various ages) on a LAN connect to or support communication with the various security combinations available.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7