× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX40 Orange Internet LED Light

IAmNamedKevin
Follower

RAX40 Orange Internet LED Light

I have a Nighthawk RAX40. I was able to set up via the Nighthawk App when I purchased the router. I have not used the app since, and it's been about 8 months since set up.

I noticed recently that the Internet LED light is solid orange but cannot find any support around the issue. My connection throughout the house isn't as strong as I was expecting so I thought this may be the issue.

The other lights are solid green. Power, 2.4 WiFi LED, and the 5 Wifi LED. I do not have any additional devices connected to the router through the Ethernet Ports.

I tried using the Nighthawk app when I noticed this issue, however, the app is unable to find the router. I tried rebooting my router and cable modem but that did not make the router visible to the app.

I did change the names of my wifi connections so that may be part of the issue as well.

I do not have the QR code associated with the router. I got rid of it after it installed properly so using the app through that route is not an option either.

All 3 wifi connections work properly, but was hoping for a stronger connection.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks,

Kevin

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX40 Orange Internet LED Light

1. What modem is it connected to?

2. Firmware on the router? 

When you say your internet connect isn't as strong as you were expecting, are you talking coverage, tested speeds? 

the AX spec allows a little more coverage just because its more efficient at transferring data but the actual broadcast power is limited by the FCC so there isn't much additional distance. 

The other thing to keep in mind, a lot is dependant on your devices. You've got an AX router but do you have AX devices? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7