× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX45 - Parental Controls? Blocking internet access?

Kelemvor33
Follower

RAX45 - Parental Controls? Blocking internet access?

Howdy,

I picked up an RAX45 a few weeks ago and so far it's working fine.  However, I'm seeing conflicting information on the netgear website regarding Parental Controls.  Some information says the base level is free but other say it's via subscription.  I also con't even find any parental controls section in the Web UI but do see it in the app.  All I want to do is put my kid's devices (laptop, tablet, etc) into a group so I can Pause or Resume the internet on them in one click.  However, even this doesn't weem to work.

In the netgear app I go to Parental Controls.  I setup a Profile and added some devices to it.  I then tapped the Pause button from the uppr right corner which turned the profile name orange to show that the profile is turned off from the internet   Howevr, the devices can still access the infernet.  Even if I tap on a specific device, and then tap the Pause icon on that screen, the device can still access the internet.

I then went into the Web UI to look at the same device and it showed as NOT paused.  It had the green dot instead of the orange dot like it showed in the app.  When I went to Access Control on the web, and then "blocked" the device, then the internet stopped working as it should have.

Am I doing something wrong?  Are Parental Controls broken?  WHy is there a discrepancy between the app and the Web UI?  And why does Spell Check not work on these forums?  Argh!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7