× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50

Javadrinker
Aspirant

RAX50

RAX50 latest firmware not that it makes any difference at all.  This router has had 5G issues since i bought it. I gave up talking to support as I got no where rebooting and factory resetting the damn router.

The 5G either says it works, but if you try to go anywhere on the internet good luck connecting; or it just doesn't work at all.  I installed a EAX80 extender and that works but tells me that the 5G from the router is not. 2.4G works just fine.

I used to think Netgear was good equipment, but you sure can't prove it to me with this router.

Message 1 of 6
Javadrinker
Aspirant

Re: RAX50

now I have to log out of everything, and go reboot the system..you know cable modem, router, security system, wifi extender...

Message 2 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Is the extender too far from the router to get a good 5ghz signal?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 6
Javadrinker
Aspirant

This is NOT about the extender this IS about the router. I have 3 laptops within 6 ft. of the router.  IF using the 5GHz band it says "Connected,secured" but if you attempt to go to oh lets use Netgear.com and you get 1) the connection timed out, 2) This page cannot be displayed, or best yet 3) just nothing. Switch to 2.4GHz band and everything works.

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I suggest contacting support could be a hardware issue happening with the router. https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
Javadrinker
Aspirant

Netgear has support? I contacte support 2 days ago, described the issue and also asked for a replacement. Other than the auto generated do not reply to email, there has been no communication.  A far cry from what used to be Netgear and Netgear support.  I guess I will be replacing this router, extender and switch with another brand.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7