× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX500 2.4 not allowing devices back on once disconnected.

scottunlv
Guide

RAX500 2.4 not allowing devices back on once disconnected.

I have a RAX500 Router, Firmware up-to-date and have had if for about 8 months. I have about 85 device connected/ Hardwired and 5G /2g connected. Over the last couple months I have had many issues with when a device goes offline it doesn't reconnect to the 2.4 until I change channel in the settings. 

Example my Alexa stops working unplug it still not connecting. Go to the app and try to configure it back to my 2.4 network and can't connect. I go into my router settings and change channel and it will reconnect. 

I also noticed that once device drops and doesn't connect any new device will not connect to the 2.4. Meaning I try to switch my phone / tablet from the 5G to 2.4G and doesn't connect. It only works when I change the channel. Also I have 2 Netgear wifi extenders their 2.4 G will allow me to connect devices when the main 2.4 doesn't. 

Message 1 of 3

@scottunlv wrote:

I have a RAX500 Router, Firmware up-to-date...

How did you work that out? A firmware number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

By the way there is no RAX500 that I can find. Do you mean RAX500E?

What about the various wifi settings? For example, is AX WiFi enabled?

There's a whole bunch of different options there to confuse as us all.

Message 2 of 3
scottunlv
Guide

I have had issues with other RAX routers. Similar issues with my RAX200 but it was 5G dropping.

I have netgear cm2000 modem. Just a modem. The settings are default so yes AX is enabled. It’s a RAX500e

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7