× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX54S-100NAS

Natkan
Aspirant

RAX54S-100NAS

I bought a refurbished router off Amazon, it was factory sealed in the box. I cannot register it because the serial number is already registered to another account.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: RAX54S-100NAS

Stuff bought on Amazon has had problems in the past, especially on the "Already registered" front.

Not sure what "refurbished" means. Could mean second hand. Netgear may then deny any responsibility.

Try this place for help in setting it up. What problems do you have?

If possible, avoid using a mobile app to do the job.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Check the section in the manual Manually set up the Internet connection

There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
microchip8
Master

You have to contact NETGEAR about that.
Message 2 of 5

@Natkan wrote:
I bought a refurbished router off Amazon, it was factory sealed in the box. I cannot register it because the serial number is already registered to another account.

Why do you want to register the router?

Here's what Netgear says:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Do I have to register my device in order for it to work?
No; your device will work even if you do not register, but you will not be able to open a support ticket with our technical support team unless you register. If you have not registered, you can still download firmware updates and manuals, and search the technical knowledge base, on the NETGEAR support website: https://www.netgear.com/support/.

All registration does is link you to a database that Netgear uses to check your status for support and warranty.

If you do not register your NETGEAR product, you will miss these benefits:

• We'll let you know when new firmware is available, including updates that enhance your security
  • Get personalized advice more quickly from NETGEAR experts
  • Join the NETGEAR family and get exclusive offers tailored to you

A different type of "registration" links your device to Netgear's cloud support for things like Anywhere Access. (It used to include ReadyCLOUD, but that is now dead.)

What prompted you to go into registration? Were you trying to sign up for something like that?

Message 3 of 5
Natkan
Aspirant

Thanks, I'm having trouble setting up the router, so I wanted to register it to have access to tech support.
Message 4 of 5

Stuff bought on Amazon has had problems in the past, especially on the "Already registered" front.

Not sure what "refurbished" means. Could mean second hand. Netgear may then deny any responsibility.

Try this place for help in setting it up. What problems do you have?

If possible, avoid using a mobile app to do the job.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Check the section in the manual Manually set up the Internet connection

There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7