× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX75 - Automatic channel selection disappeared on 5GHz

martinb0820
Guide

RAX75 - Automatic channel selection disappeared on 5GHz

As an experiment, I changed the 5GHz channel from Automatic to a specific channel. I would like to restore the original setting, but now "Auto" no longer appears as an option in the Channel combo box. How do I restore this option? (Without reverting to factory default settings and losing all setup.)

RAX75, Firmware Version V1.0.1.70_1.0.30, set up as Access Point.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX75 - Automatic channel selection disappeared on 5GHz

I know the 2.4ghz has an automatic channel selection/steering but I wasn't aware the 5ghz did. My RAX200 other netgear AX devices don't have auto for the 5ghz option. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I know the 2.4ghz has an automatic channel selection/steering but I wasn't aware the 5ghz did. My RAX200 other netgear AX devices don't have auto for the 5ghz option. 

Message 2 of 4
martinb0820
Guide

Hi plemans, thanks for the reply. I'm almost certain that there was an Auto option, but:

1. I'm confused (it wouldn't be the first time!) OR

2. There is an "anomaly" in that firmware version, and Auto shouldn't have appeared in the first place.

In any case, the channel that the router was originally on was also in use by someone else, so the current setup is an improvement...

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
martinb0820
Guide

Sorry, meant to mark your message as the solution, got mine instead.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7