× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80: 1.0.1.70 firmware causing Time Machine backup failure

jim_l
Tutor

RAX80: 1.0.1.70 firmware causing Time Machine backup failure

Since upgrading my RAX80 to 1.0.1.70 firmware, my time machine backups are repeatedly failing. I tried changing the attached USB 3 drive in case that was at fault but the backups either don't complete or produce an error indicating that verification has failed and that a new backup must be created.

Anyone else have the same problem? It's quite frustrating as I have lost my backup history now.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
jim_l
Tutor

Additionally, when I attach the drives to my mac locally (they are formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) / GUID Partition Table as specified in the User Guide), running Disk Utility -> First Aid on the partition fails, and mounts the drive read-only (I forgot to note the error, sorry, but it was the same on the old and new drives).

Message 2 of 4
xjn
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had similar issue and could not fix using Disk Utility.... it would give error trying to do repair and was marke read only as you mentioned. I was only able to fix it by formatting drive by plugging it into my Android device. I lost all of data on it but was not using it for backup. It is plugged back in now and shows up as writeable instead of read only but I have not tried using it again to actually store any data.

Message 3 of 4
kirkstrandberg
Aspirant

Mac with OS Sierra -

Back up using Time Machine was working fine but now it does not finish back up.

I am connected using ethernet cable. (i have not tried the WiFi to see if this works. (It did before)

It seems to ge to arounf 40gb and then just stops. (I have sent a whole day trying to get this sorted)

Can only think that is since the last update of the router which is a Nighthawk RAX80.

Not sure why the update would have done this.

The only option would be to go back to an old version or use something else rather than Time Machine.

When backing up is important then this update should have been checked.

This is why you pay for a good router to help make this easier.

Look forward to an answer from NetGear.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7