× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 Firmware Version V1.0.3.102_1.0.48 Is assigning duplicate IPs to devices on my network

onurich01
Tutor

RAX80 Firmware Version V1.0.3.102_1.0.48 Is assigning duplicate IPs to devices on my network

I just installed the latest firmware for the RAX80. It blanked my password and I had to perform a factory reset of the router. The router is assigning duplicate IP addresses to devices on my network (based on 2.4 or 5GHz). My phone and my wyze camera were both assigned the same address and they are conflicting. Same thing is happening with my security system panel and another IoT device I have on 2.4GHz network.

What can I do to solve this problem. Is there an additional setting that is making this happen now, or is this a big bug?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX80 Firmware Version V1.0.3.102_1.0.48 Is assigning duplicate IPs to devices on my network

Hi onurich01, 

Are you still experiencing issues after updating to the latest firmware? 

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
onurich01
Tutor

Re: RAX80 Firmware Version V1.0.3.102_1.0.48 Is assigning duplicate IPs to devices on my network

Christian,

V1.0.3.102_1.0.48 is the latest firmware. My issue is that I believe this latest firmware which was intended to allow the attached device list to better hold onto it's naming, has actually broken it by holding on to names, and then assigning the same IP to two different devices.

Rivhard

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi onurich01, 

Thanks for confirming. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further investigation. If you wish to be contacted, may you send me a private message with your email address and phone number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7