× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80: Firmware quite buggy

rjalex
Aspirant

RAX80: Firmware quite buggy

I have bought a RAX80 (Firmware Version V1.0.1.70_1.0.30 )and have been setting it up for 24h now and while it shows an excellent signal coverage, the firmware is full of strange behaviours.

Last is the following: since I set the RAX80 in AP mode, the attached devices list do not show the device images anymore via the brwoser interface . Why is this?

Another issue is that the Nighthawk app shows the list of attached devices and if you edit one to change the name (eg Switch), when saving it always fails sith a "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again. OK" ...

Is there a way to raise these bugs officially?

Is there a more mature/stable Netgear product with good coverage for an home of around 100m2 with around 30 to 40 devices?

Thanks

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: RAX80: Firmware quite buggy

Sounds so familiar I'm afraid - almost a Netgear consumer BU standard. Hundreds of complaints, reports, alone here in the community an exactly these issues. @Christian_R please: This is more than tiring...

Message 2 of 5
rjalex
Aspirant

Ouch I'm sorry to hear I'm not alone 😞 Will probably return it and go for an Ubiquiti Nano HD. Cross fingers.

Take care

@schumaku wrote:

Sounds so familiar I'm afraid - almost a Netgear consumer BU standard. Hundreds of complaints, reports, alone here in the community an exactly these issues. @Christian_R please: This is more than tiring...

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Strange comparison - I assumed you desperately wanted a WiFi 6 system. Netgear does have affordable wireless access points (WAC505, WAC540) - these can be operated using a device based Web UI (or Netgear's Insight cloud). For UniFi you need some additional controller, physically or on. virtual system.
Message 4 of 5
rjalex
Aspirant

Thanks for chiming in with your suggestion.

If I'm not mistaken the controller SW can be run on one of my workstations and in the future I like the mesh concept.

I've read a lot arounf these Ubiquiti appliances and I lke the HD Nano a lot.

WiFi 6 would have been a nice future proofing but currrent reality of my home applicances and internet of things devices is still quit "traditional" with many little things not even able to use thr 5GHz band.

Take care (writing from a country shut down by the damned virus and people's ignorance)

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7