× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 Port Forwarding Broken

conesbone
Follower

RAX80 Port Forwarding Broken

Hi,

I have an RAX80 router and am having troubles with port forwarding. I run an SFTP server on one of my computers (set to port 3108 with keypair auth) and also occasionally a game server. The issue is that the port forwarding table has 0 entries, yet when I run an nmap scan, there are ports somehow still open even though I deleted them from the router settings ages ago. Not only that, but if I attempt to add these ports again, I'm given an error message saying that they are already being used which isn't possible. My logs are filled with "[LAN access from remote] from * to 192.168.1.4 port 22", which I probably opened at some point for the SSH server but then changed to 3108 due to it constantly being scanned. How is it possible that I'm having connection requests routed through (what should be) a closed port?

I thought updating the firmware would fix this issue, but even that had its problems. When updating it just through the normal page it kept getting stuck on updating language table so I had to manually install the firmware update. This didn't end up fixing it. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!!

(Btw ik doing a factory reset would probably fix it but if there's anything I can try before having to do that it'd be better)

Model: RAX80

Firmware ver: V1.0.10.140_1.0.79

Message 1 of 2
microchip8
Master

Re: RAX80 Port Forwarding Broken

I'm afraid, unless I can't think of anything else, you already tried all things except of a factory reset. The latter will most likely fix the issue. But it requires/strongly recommends you configure from scratch instead of using a backup config you may have, which can reintroduce the same problem.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7