× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 ReadyShare Does not Recognize my USB Drive

coach1625
Follower

RAX80 ReadyShare Does not Recognize my USB Drive

I will make it simple. ReadyShare and the RAX80 do NOT support exFAT. My 'supported' brand new WD 'My Passport' 2TB SSD 3.2 USB is listed in the supported devices. It comes as UPNP...but formatted in exFAT. (That is a wtf) My RAX couldn't see it no matter what I did. THE MOMENT I reformatted it to NTFS. BINGO. Done.

Message 1 of 2

Re: RAX80 ReadyShare Does not Recognize my USB Drive

@coach1625 wrote:

I will make it simple. ReadyShare and the RAX80 do NOT support exFAT.

Correct. But not need to experiment yourself.

That is explained on manuals and in the KnowledgeBase articles about USB drives:

What are the USB drive requirements for ReadySHARE on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unfortunately, that article is hopelessly wrong on at least one count.

• If you want to use a USB drive larger than 2 TB, you might need to format the drive into partitions smaller than 2 TB (for example, you might need to format a 4 TB drive into two 2 TB partitions).

I am using 4 TB and 6 TB USB drives. And many people have found that ReadySHARE does not play nicely with partitioned drives.

You can get a better idea of what USB drives you can use from this:

Which USB drives are verified to work with NETGEAR ReadySHARE? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Its is incomplete and out of date. (Netgear can't hope to keep up with all the options out there.) But if you can find a drive that works with one of the devices listed there, then there is a good chance that it will work with a different router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7