× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 Reservation Table Issues

shackman48
Aspirant

RAX80 Reservation Table Issues

Have two RAX80 routers and both are providing DHCP address to my devices but the reservation table has wrong IP provided for a particular MAC address.  I use DHCP range of 100-160 and devices are correctly assigned, but when I enter the reservation table it displays multiple x.x.x.10 and 11 and 12 addresses.  My phone had 3 different MAC address of which only one was correct (mine can have one for each radio).  Only 2.4 and 5gh!  

I have tried 3 (including most recent) firmware changes and have reset to factory defaults after each.....still same issue!  I've read where others have experienced similar issues but there does not seem to be a fix.  Short of identifying IP/MAC for each DHCP address and then locating and changing associated MAC reservation OR possibly getting it to work by starting from scratch for each and every device on my exisiting R8000 that works perfectly fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX80 Reservation Table Issues

Have you used any static IP addresses set ON devices at all? 

For Apple devices be sure to disable WiFi Private IP Address features on these devices. This causes DEV host name to be seen on the Router. 

What browser are you using? Be sure to clear our all browser caches. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Can you post a screen capture of what your seeing on the routers web page? Edit out all MAC addresses first. 

Message 2 of 4
shackman48
Aspirant

Have you used any static IP addresses set ON devices at all? YES, there were 3-4 when I tried to install my entire existing system, but when I started applying devices manually one at a time I did NOT have any items that were static.

For Apple devices be sure to disable WiFi Private IP Address features on these devices. This causes DEV host name to be seen on the Router. IS OFF

What browser are you using? Be sure to clear our all browser caches. EDGE & CHROME, all cache cleared.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? As I mentioned, tried 3 firmware attempts, reset to factory, and manually tried to install several devices.

Can you post a screen capture of what your seeing on the routers web page? Edit out all MAC addresses first. Given up on this after a week of trying so many things and on TWO routers with no change.  Thanks anyway for the help!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements