× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 Timezone/NTP settings wont change

bemak187
Aspirant

RAX80 Timezone/NTP settings wont change

Hi.

Got an issue with my RAX80.  I am in the UK so timezone should be GMT in NTP settings.  It is showing as GMT -12 International Date Line West.  I went in and chnaged it to GMT UK, hit apply, looked like it was saving and then just defaulted to GMT -12.  Does this every time I try.  I'm on the latest firmware and the router is only a couple of days old.

Thanks.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
bemak187
Aspirant

Issue SEEMS to be fixed by multiple router reboots.

Message 2 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bemak187, 

Thanks for providing an update regarding your issue.. 

Christian 

Message 3 of 7
Manatee1714
Aspirant

I've got the same issue with NTP settings not being saved.   Circle stops working as a result.   On latest firmware.  Have done the usual factory reset etc and multiple reboots but still doesn't work for me.    On latest firmware.

Known bug?  Seems as though there are many complaints about the RAX80 NTP not working.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
msd123
Aspirant

Same issue occurring on the R7000
firmware V1.0.11.116_10.2.100

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 7
JohnWill
Tutor

Same issue here on R7000. It's BST (GMT + 1), the time itself is showing GMT so is one hour out since the change to daylight savings time.  the timezone is showing International Dateline West (GMT -12) and cannot be updated - it just changes back after rebeoot.  the NTP server cannot be added - it just deletes itself after reboot.

My home automation has gone to pot because of this as Sunset is now occurring 1 hour early!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 6 of 7
Manatee1714
Aspirant

Yeah,  I gave up with it in the end and went for a Gryphon.  Much more reliable.   Don't know how Netgear can get away with having such a fundamental problem for so long.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7