× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 and EAX80 separate ssids

Jacek26
Tutor

RAX80 and EAX80 separate ssids

So I have sold my orbi to a friend and went out and bought WiFi 6 netgear nighthawk but I also need a extender and thinking of getting the eax80 for $249.00 but I am worrying if I will have to tinker with settings or will there be option of leaving the 2.4 and 5ghz turned on Incase my Honeywell t9 thermostat still has issues connecting to one name SSID like when I those problems with Orbi. I had that issue with separating the ssids since my Honeywell thermostat would not connect via orbi and wonder if I will have same issues once the ssid will become 1 name or is there a setting while setting the new extender to my RAX80 to leave 2.4 and 5 GHz showing and broadcasting
My current router is the 8 stream nighthawk WiFi 6 RAX80 but also want them eax80 extender.
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX80 and EAX80 separate ssids

It'll work either way. with seperate ssid or with the one ssid function.

i've got an honeywell smart thermostat and was able to set it up with orbi. I also got it working with my RAX200. If you've got it programed to a certain ssid/password, just keep it the same when you switch routers/extenders and it should auto-link to them. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7