× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 can only add 4 address reservations

tbraas
Aspirant

RAX80 can only add 4 address reservations

I'm trying to get a bit of control over my network and lock down the IP addresses allocated to my IoT devices as some of them aren't robust enough to update their IP allocation after a router restart.

I was trying to allocate addresses to all my 30 odd devices, but the router only allows me to allocate 4. I've noticed a couple other questions on the subject and a woefully inadequate attetion to the matter from Netgear. 

Considering I'm experiencing the same issues as other OPs my assumption is that the issue hasn't been fixed yet. I'm on firmware V1.0.5.132_1.0.69.

Question to Netgear: Will you fix this issue (if so, when?) or should I take my business to another network equipment manufacturer?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX80 can only add 4 address reservations

What firmware version are you on? 

Are you setting static ip addresses or just setting up reserved IP addresses? 

Message 2 of 4
tbraas
Aspirant

The firmware version is listed in the question.
I’m using IP addresses from within the range that I have created for my 255.255.255.0 network. The UI will only allow me to enter 4 address reservations.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the range of yoru default IP address pool? .2 to 254? 

What happens if you change the IP address pool to .100 to .200? 

What browser are you using? Happens with MS Edge or Firefox? 

@tbraas wrote:
The firmware version is listed in the question.
I’m using IP addresses from within the range that I have created for my 255.255.255.0 network. The UI will only allow me to enter 4 address reservations.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7