× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 showing "Hidden Network" -- on only one device...

JBTimpkin
Follower

RAX80 showing "Hidden Network" -- on only one device...

I have been logging on to my wireless network via a Dell Precision workstation with no issues--until a couple of days ago. The laptop now sees a "Hidden Network", and will not recognize the SSID of either the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz network. I have done the following in trying to troubleshoot:

1. Did a "Forget" through "Manage Known Networks" of all listed networks (on Windows 10).
  2. Rebooted router.
  3. Rebooted laptop.
  4. Ensured that the laptop is not blocked through Access Control.

Still no RAX80 wireless network SSIDs visible on the laptop--while a "Hidden Network" is visible .

Some additional information on my setup:

1. I'm running a smart home network off the RAX80--successfully since long before the current issue cropped up--so assume that's unrelated to the issue.
  2. I'm running a "shop" network (in an outbuilding) off the RAX80 (via POE)--also successfully since long before this issue cropped up--so again assume that's unrelated to the issue.

Curious facts:

1. The laptop shows up in the Access Control "Allowed" list as an active device (possibly because it's attached to the smart home network for now?), albeit with an Access Type of "Wired" (I understand that may be due to a known bug in the RAX80 firmware)
  2. The laptop sees the smart home network with no problem, and can attach to it.
  3. The laptop sees the AP in the shop with no problem, and can attach to it.
  4. Other devices--e.g., 2 iPads, 2 phones, and a desktop unit--can all see the primary network (both 2.4 and 5 bands), meaning this laptop is the only one experiencing the "Hidden Network" anomoly.

Again, this issue popped up suddenly. I'd made no changes to the router/network in many months. I'm at a loss as to what to try next...  Any suggestions?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7