× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 working but not reachable via browser (only Nighhawk app)

rjalex
Aspirant

RAX80 working but not reachable via browser (only Nighhawk app)

I just received and configured this RAX80 connected to my ISP modem. The latter tells me the RAX80 is on the LAN viat a 192.168.1.50 address with MAC 3c:37:86:85:5e:e6 but I cannot ping nor connect on port 80 via HTTP.

I have updated the firmaware via the APP and the label under the RAX80 shows a similar MAC 3c:37:86:85:5e:e5 (one less maybe this is the MAC of WiFi while the former is the MAC of the cabled ethernet?)

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
rjalex
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 working but not reachable via browser (only Nighhawk app)

I kind of realized what's going on but still would need some help please.

The 192.168.1.50 RAX80 address is given by my ISP modem DHCP server via the Ethernet cable joining them.

The RAX80 serves it's own 10.x.y.z wireless network.

Problem is that my home Mac and two other deviced NEED to be connected via Eth cable to the ISP modem and therefore have 192.168.1.x addresses.

How can I reach the RAX web interface via the 192.168.1.50 address?

Isn't there a way to configure the RAX80 kust as a "wireless bridge" so that it serves IP adresses from the ISP modem (192.168.1.x)?

Thanks again

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX80 working but not reachable via browser (only Nighhawk app)

Hello rjalex,

Welcome to the community! You may set the RAX80 into bridge mode. Check out page 83 of the user manual linked below. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX80/RAX80_UM_EN.pdf

Furthermore, you may also contact our Support Team to assist with getting you the proper setup for your home network.

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7