× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE290-100NAS Tri-Band

GeorgeKh
Aspirant

RAXE290-100NAS Tri-Band

Hello all,

I have the following wifi routerRAXE290-100NAS Tri-Band.  Recently I noticed that the log file includes several DoS attacks from within my network from several different devices connected to the router.  Those devices are our laptops, Amazon Alexa's, tablets, other.  Here is one example of one of the messages I get:

[DoS attack:ACK_Scan] from source: 192.xxx.x.x,port 85495, Thursday, May 09, 2024 06:38:36 

The log file is filled with these Dos Attack messages.  Can someone explain the significance and seriousness of these messages?

Has my network been hacked and all devices now infected?  I use virus/malware protection and I keep all software up to date.   

Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: RAXE290-100NAS Tri-Band

They are false positives. Search this forum and you'll find many threads about that. 95% of all DoS attacks the firmware reports are either from valid services or your own local LAN. I suggest disabling logging of these or completely turning off DoS protection (you're not missing anything).
Message 2 of 3

Re: RAXE290-100NAS Tri-Band

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7