× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAXE300 no internet connection

Osiris18
Aspirant

RAXE300 no internet connection

So my router isn’t getting internet, cox is my provider, after trouble shooting with cox everything is good but my router still isn’t connecting I called NETGEAR and still nothing. All lights on router are solid white one thing i am noticing on my modem is the downstream light continuously blinks white while the upstream, internet symble are solid white. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

one thing i am noticing on my modem is the downstream light continuously blinks white while the upstream, internet symble are solid white.

that's a good clue.

the modem lights for downstream and upstream act different.

maybe its User Manual describes what it means.

but I'm sort of impulsive when I'm hysterical.

I'd probably have already reset the modem by now,

without even looking it up.

Message 2 of 7

@Osiris18 wrote:
All lights on router are solid white one thing i am noticing on my modem is the downstream light continuously blinks white while the upstream, internet symble are solid white.

What is that modem? Make and model?

Message 3 of 7
Osiris18
Aspirant

It’s a NETGEAR CM2000
Message 4 of 7
Kitsap
Master

Disconnect your router from your modem and power down the modem.

Connect a computer direct to your modem with an Ethernet cable.  You need a computer with an Ethernet input port or a laptop with an Ethernet/USB adapter.  Boot your modem and give it plenty of time to connect and stabilize.  Boot your computer and do the same.  You should have internet access from the computer.  This will establish whether or not you have internet access from your modem.  Run a speed test from the computer to compare to the service you purchase from Cox.

Another option is to leave everything connected, log in to your router and check the internet port statistics.  This will tell you about the Ethernet connection between your modem and router.  In the user interface, go to Advanced Home -> Internet Port Show Statistics.  Look for the connection status of LAN 0.  It should be 1000M Full or better.  If it shows Link Down, you have a bad cable or are connected to the wrong port on your router.

Message 5 of 7
Osiris18
Aspirant

Thank you I’ll do this once I get home on Monday
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies