× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 Delete Log of threats blocked?

Smuuth
Aspirant

RAXE500 Delete Log of threats blocked?

I recently purchased this router and I am very pleased, however, My ISP was recently down and when service was returned, the router blocked what it thought were multiple DDOS attacks. Evidently something with the initial restart of my connection caused the issue. My question: Is there any way to clear or delete the log of threats deleted?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: RAXE500 Delete Log of threats blocked?

@Smuuth wrote:

I recently purchased this router and I am very pleased, however, My ISP was recently down and when service was returned, the router blocked what it thought were multiple DDOS attacks.

Are these entries that you saw on the logs?

Netgear's firmware is great at creating false reports of DoS attacks. Many of them are no such thing.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – DoS attacks

Use Whois.net to see who is behind some of them and you may find that they are from places like Facebook, Google, even your ISP.

Here is a useful tool for that task:

IPNetInfo: Retrieve IP Address Information from WHOIS servers

If these events are slowing down your router, that may be because it is using up processor time as it writes the events to your logs. Anything that uses processor power – event logging, QoS management, traffic metering – may cause slowdowns. Disable logging of DoS attacks and see if that reduces the problem. This does not prevent the router from protecting you from the outside world.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Should be a Clear Log button that you can select under Logs

Message 2 of 4
Smuuth
Aspirant

Thank you, I found that and cleared the log but it all still shows up in the Netgear Nighthawk app.

Message 3 of 4

@Smuuth wrote:

I recently purchased this router and I am very pleased, however, My ISP was recently down and when service was returned, the router blocked what it thought were multiple DDOS attacks.

Are these entries that you saw on the logs?

Netgear's firmware is great at creating false reports of DoS attacks. Many of them are no such thing.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – DoS attacks

Use Whois.net to see who is behind some of them and you may find that they are from places like Facebook, Google, even your ISP.

Here is a useful tool for that task:

IPNetInfo: Retrieve IP Address Information from WHOIS servers

If these events are slowing down your router, that may be because it is using up processor time as it writes the events to your logs. Anything that uses processor power – event logging, QoS management, traffic metering – may cause slowdowns. Disable logging of DoS attacks and see if that reduces the problem. This does not prevent the router from protecting you from the outside world.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7