× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 - Disney Circle missing and Armor disconnects internet

ClaytonJ2
Aspirant

RAXE500 - Disney Circle missing and Armor disconnects internet

I got the Nighthawk RAXE500 yesterday. I had a hard time setting it up because the web page interface on my PC doesn't have as much functionallity as it did with my old router. I'm a PC guy. I don't want to control this thing through my phone! Seems like bad security. I leave my PC safe at home. I take my phone everywhere so I hate doing sensitive things on it. What is more sensitive than administering a router?

But then, after I did so and enabled armor, it started telling me that there was no internet and I lost control of it until I took a pin and hard reset the device. I am not happy with this experience so far. Armor is powered by bitdefender, which I already have. But they hate each other and I'm getting errors on my PC and phone from the bitdefender programs I already have installed vs armor.

I'm about ready to return this junk and go back to my old router. Feels like I'm stuck in idiot proof mode, but it's buggy. How do I get in Dev mode and get control of this crap? Where do I turn on Disney Circle?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAXE500 - Disney Circle missing and Armor disconnects internet

Hi ClaytonJ2, 

Thanks for confirming. The RAXE500 currently does not support Circle Smart Parental Control features. I have included an article below that has a list of NETGEAR routers that support Circle. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000044718/Which-NETGEAR-routers-support-Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls

I'd like to have your concerns regarding Armor escalated. May you send me a private message with your email and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ClaytonJ2,

Welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'd like to help address some of the issues you're experiencing. First things first, may you check to see if you're on the latest firmware version for the RAXE500. I have linked the latest firmware version below. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000063717/RAXE500-Firmware-Version-1-0-5-62

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
ClaytonJ2
Aspirant

Yes, that is the firmware version of my router.

My Router:Nighthawk RAXE500      

Firmware Version V1.0.5.62_2.0.35

NETGEAR Nighthawk AXE11000 Tri-band WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500)

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ClaytonJ2, 

Thanks for confirming. The RAXE500 currently does not support Circle Smart Parental Control features. I have included an article below that has a list of NETGEAR routers that support Circle. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000044718/Which-NETGEAR-routers-support-Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls

I'd like to have your concerns regarding Armor escalated. May you send me a private message with your email and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7