× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 Firmware 1.0.12.96 Access point mode lose ability to connect to admin page

RottenMutt
Aspirant

RAXE500 Firmware 1.0.12.96 Access point mode lose ability to connect to admin page

RAXE500 Firmware 1.0.12.96 Access point mode lose ability to connect to admin page.
After about 4-5 months after resetting router and reconfiguring the router I lose the ability to access the admin web server or connect with the nighthawk app.  
This problem still isn’t fixed. 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAXE500 Firmware 1.0.12.96 Access point mode lose ability to connect to admin page

What is the brand and model# of the host router the RAXE is connected too? 

What version of NH app are you using? 

What mobile device are you using? 

Be sure any MAC address randomizers are disabled while at home:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

How is the AP mode configured on the RAXE? Dynamic or Static configuration? I recommend static so you know where the IP address is and doesn't change. I use .50 on mine while in Bridge mode. Should be able to do same thing in AP mode. 

I presume RAXE web UI is accessible? 

Maybe submit a bug report? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Nighthawk-App/td-p/2134684...

Message 2 of 7

Re: RAXE500 Firmware 1.0.12.96 Access point mode lose ability to connect to admin page

@RottenMutt wrote:

RAXE500 Firmware 1.0.12.96 Access point mode lose ability to connect to admin page.

That's down to how you have the RAXE500 set up.

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

In AP mode, the RAXE500 depends on the router to handle the IP addresses. So the usual ways in, like routerlogin.com, don't work.

There are several ways around this. The easiest is to go into your router and look at its list of attached devices. This will show you the IP address of your AP.

Then you can put that into a browser and get at the browser graphical user interface (GUI) for the AP.

By the way, this bit isn't quite right:

I lose the ability to access the admin web server or connect with the nighthawk app.  

It isn't so much a web server as the front end to your router's controls. More a case of html than a web server. It is all internal.

Message 3 of 7
RottenMutt
Aspirant

I’ve figured out what is happening, i’m setting a static ip address (192.168.0.100) in the RAXE500, but the router randomly changes it. I have WAX620/AX3600 and WAX630/AX6000 set up in access point mode with static ip address and they do not have the same problem.
Routerlogin.net works in access point mode on WAXE500.  I’m guessing when the ip address falls outside by network it no longer is reachable. But routing to devices on REXE500 still works…

Message 4 of 7
RottenMutt
Aspirant

FYI:  admin page is served up by a web server.  You can put all the html you want on a computer, it is just a file sitting there….  Needs a program to serve it up!

Message 5 of 7
RottenMutt
Aspirant

Raxe500 is connected to clear os server/gateway.  I had it set to a static address (192.168.0.100) but it changed the address on its own.  So static configuration don’t work, now I have it set to dynamic. 

firmware needs to be fixed.  This was supposedly fixed in earlier firmware version, but I guess not. 

can this thread be moved back to the RAXE500 NIGHTHAWK category/sub…  

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

If you configure AP mode on the RAXE and set a static configuration for the AP mode on the RAXE, be sure that the static IP address is out side of the host routers default DHCP IP address pool range. Static IP addressed devices should be outside of this range, not with in it. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7