× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 power adapter replacement................

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAXE500 power adapter replacement................

Checking with my CAX80, RAXE500 and RAX120v2 and a RAX50v2, the CAX80 and RAXE500 both have the larger plug 7.4mm / 5mm without center pin inside. The RAX50v2 and RAX120v2 both have the smaller plug with the center contact pin in the middle. I can only presume that at least the RAX120 and lower model series are all the smaller plug. I don't have the RAX200 so not sure about that model. I presume anything RAXE will have the larger plug that doesn't have the center pin for these model routers. 

It's not an oversight when it comes to the center pin missing, more like power design and flow needed by these devices that may require more current and also regulatory considerations would be a factor as well. 

Message 26 of 30
schumaku
Guru

When referring of the center pin, we're talking of the 19V devices with the 7.4mm / 5mm outer and inner contact. Some variants plugs have a thinner additional contactor, originally used for a 5Vcc always-ob power source. Nobody does talk here of the smaller and more common industry standard power plug connectors with just two contacts, as in use on lower cost hardware, for 12V DC e.g with smaller and newer ones supporting 2.5 and 3.5 Amps power supplies.
Message 27 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Yep. Nobody talks about the un-common plugs like these larger ones which is why one reason this thread was started. These are not common plugs and only seen on these particular devices and newer 9 series Orbi systems. 

IMG_2639.png

Seems like these larger routers that have more features and do more seem to required more power specs so maybe one reason why NG went with this particular plug design. 

Message 28 of 30
JAson-TT
Aspirant

AC adapter for Netgear Orbi 960 970 RBKE96 , RAXE500 / RAX200 wifi-7 router, here is the best one I found.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFWXZDE 

19V ac adapter

Orbi-RBR750-A03.jpg

Message 29 of 30
Tigerwife
Guide

I have bought a original one from distributor.....
the one in Amazon is a standard HP 19V power supply, in photo which you can see there is a pin inside the plug center..... have to confirm with seller b4 place order
Message 30 of 30
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7