× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 timeouts

cabwav
Tutor

RAXE500 timeouts

I recently installed a RAXE500 router. When selecting a menu item or switching to another menu item I have to re-enter the userID and password. The router also frequently reports ' timeouts', e.g. when I add an address reservation in LAN setup and I don't press the 'apply' button fast enough (within 2-3 seconds) the router requests the username/password again and displays the message 'Sorry,your timestamp is expired. Please click the menu to re-enter the page.' 

What is causing this?

The NTP setting is set to the correct time zone, DST enabled, NTP server set to the same server as used by my Windows 11 install (time.windows.com). Router firmware V1.2.13.100_2.0.54

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAXE500 timeouts

What browser are you using?

Happens with other browsers? Try MS Edge or Firefox. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using?

Happens with other browsers? Try MS Edge or Firefox. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 4
cabwav
Tutor

Thank you for your reply. Although I don't remember doing a firmware update (but in hindsight an update may have been done automatically), the factory reset solved the problem. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7