× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 wont allow Nest camera to connect

sbatchik
Tutor

RAXE500 wont allow Nest camera to connect

Have a brand new RAXE500 router and set up everything but 1 of the 4 NEST Cameras will not connect. I get error code C224. It will connect to my hotspot but not the network or guest network. I have worked with Google and Netgear and no one seems to know what to do.

It does find the network during setup, but times out and says error code C224. This is the NEST INDOOR Cam.

It appears other people have had same issue but I can not find a solution.

I also bought a brand new Nest Indoor Cam and tried to set it up but got the same error code C224.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
sbatchik
Tutor

Re: RAXE500 wont allow Nest camera to connect

Actually ot in touch with Netgear again . This time after an hour of testing, they flashed the new beta firmware and everything works great! 

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Smart Connect enabled? If it is, try disabling it...

Is the camera being connected near or in same room as the router? 

Message 2 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Also what security mode on the wifi radio are you using? Mixed WPA2 and WPA3? Try WPA2 AES only. 

Message 3 of 13
sbatchik
Tutor

Smart connect is disabled. I did move the camera next to the router but still same error code. Google and netgear have been no help other than unplug and restart.
Message 4 of 13
sbatchik
Tutor

Using WPA2. It connects right away using the old Linksys routing but the speeds were slow compared to the Netgear. I dont want to go back but need to figure out how to get this camera connected.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this, disable wifi security on the router. Set for NONE. See if the camera connects if so, I presume there maybe a wifi security mode issue between the router and camera. 

Re-enable WPA2 and AES after checking this. 

Message 6 of 13
sbatchik
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work. I get the same error code C224. I worked with Google for over an hour this morning and was escalted to tier 2 support who just said "Its not the camera its your router." and sent me instructions for wifi settings on router. That was a ton of help.

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok well, if it won't connecte even while the router is OPEN, possible wifi connect issue between the router and this camera. Is this the only camera you have? Any others connect if you have others? 

I recommend you contact NG support and let them know what your seeing. Reference this thread.

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 8 of 13
sbatchik
Tutor

Thanks! I will do that! Yes the Nest Door bell, Nest Indoor IQ, Outdoor IQ and Battery Nest all connected. The issue one is the Nest Cam indoor model #A000005 which is the orginal nest cam. I also thought it may be this camera specific but seems odd that you have a top of the line router and it wont communicate with the nest.

Appreciate your suggestions!

Message 9 of 13
tonydi
Luminary

What's the actual firmware version number on the RAXE500?

Message 10 of 13
sbatchik
Tutor

Actually ot in touch with Netgear again . This time after an hour of testing, they flashed the new beta firmware and everything works great! 

Message 11 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad NG helped out. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 12 of 13
tonydi
Luminary

@sbatchik wrote:

Perfect!  I asked because I had massive issues with my Nest cameras and working with some great people at Netgear (Nest absolutely refused to even talk to Netgear engineers) we got some special tweaks to fix the problem.  If you weren't on one of those FW releases I was going to suggest someone to contact.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7