× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax120 entirely stopped broadcasting WIFI (ethernet still works)!

mpkahn
Aspirant

Rax120 entirely stopped broadcasting WIFI (ethernet still works)!

I've had my Rax120 ax for probably around a year, it has worked great thus far. Today, all of a sudden I notice my phone and nest hub disconnected from Wifi but my computer (connected via ethernet) is still working fine. I went around the house and everything is disconnected and my network is not even an option when searching for networks.

I go into the netgear app and have to connect via "connect from anywhere" since it cannot connect via wifi and it says I have 0 wifi signal, but the internet is still connected and active, just only via my wired devices. 

I have rebooted the device several times, I have rebooted the modem itself, I have tried checking for updates (none), tried making changes/edits to the wifi network, and nothing has worked. The 5ghz and 2.5ghz lights on the modem never even blink on when booting it up, just the wired ethernet port LEDs light up. It's the oddest thing, my internet is still flowing through the router, but no wifi signal is being broadcast what so ever. 

Please help!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
mpkahn
Aspirant

Re: Rax120 entirely stopped broadcasting WIFI (ethernet still works)!

Update: Solved. I had tried pressing the wifi button the router and nothing had happened, but I did a pass of pressing and holding each button for quite a while one at a time, and after holding it down for a bit, the lights blinked back on and wifi was restored. Not sure what caused them to shut off in the first place, but happy to have wifi back!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
mpkahn
Aspirant

Re: Rax120 entirely stopped broadcasting WIFI (ethernet still works)!

Update: Solved. I had tried pressing the wifi button the router and nothing had happened, but I did a pass of pressing and holding each button for quite a while one at a time, and after holding it down for a bit, the lights blinked back on and wifi was restored. Not sure what caused them to shut off in the first place, but happy to have wifi back!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7