× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax200 Problems with Smart Connect with Sonos and Philips Hue Sync Box

Alston1968
Aspirant

Rax200 Problems with Smart Connect with Sonos and Philips Hue Sync Box

Hello everyone

I have the following problem:

As soon as I SMART Connect to my RAX200 (FW: V.1.0.10.140_1.0.79) I get problems with the WLAN connection to:

1) Sonos

2) Philips Hue Sync Box

The problem is that I get the message from the two apps from Sonos and the Hue Sync Box that no devices are connected. When I deactivate Smart Connect again, wait a short moment, the apps, Sonos speakers and the Hue Sync Box work again.

What can I do against it? Is there a solution?

Thank you for feedback and greetings

#Rax200

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Rax200 Problems with Smart Connect with Sonos and Philips Hue Sync Box

@Alston1968 wrote:

Hello everyone

I have the following problem:

As soon as I SMART Connect to my RAX200 (FW: V.1.0.10.140_1.0.79) I get problems with the WLAN connection to:

1) Sonos

2) Philips Hue Sync Box

The problem is that I get the message from the two apps from Sonos and the Hue Sync Box that no devices are connected. When I deactivate Smart Connect again, wait a short moment, the apps, Sonos speakers and the Hue Sync Box work again.

What can I do against it? Is there a solution?

Thank you for feedback and greetings

#Rax200

Yes, turn off smart connect.  Give your router separate SSIDs for the bands so they can be identified by your iOT devices and by the mobile device where you are running the configuration application.  In general, the iOT device has to be connected to the same Wi-Fi band as the mobile device where you are running the configuration application. 

If your iOT device connects to the 2.4 GHz band, the mobile device where you are running the iOT configuration application also has to be connected to the 2.4 GHz band.

Message 2 of 3
the-Pap_man
Aspirant

Re: Rax200 Problems with Smart Connect with Sonos and Philips Hue Sync Box

Get a Sonos Boost from your dealer.  $100.  Plug it into your router with an Ethernet cable and it will fix everything.  The Boost will set up a network for your Sonos system.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7