× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax40 Wi-Fi signal suddenly missing after update latest firmware 1.0.4.102

pachan888
Aspirant

Rax40 Wi-Fi signal suddenly missing after update latest firmware 1.0.4.102

Wi-Fi signal missing and cannot activate again although I connect with lan cable via desktop. Reset router to factory default. There is no method to make the Wi-Fi radio work again. I need to fall back the old version v1.0.3.94. It become normal. Anyone got this experience?
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Rax40 Wi-Fi signal suddenly missing after update latest firmware 1.0.4.102

There's a wifi on/off button on the router. Maybe it got it? 

Push and hold it for 2 seconds. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX40.aspx

Message 2 of 7
pachan888
Aspirant

I’d done for many times, the lamps are on but no radio signal. I checked the config in the router, the radio box is no active. I clicked it and restarted the router several times but the box is still empty(not active radio).
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What box is still empty? 

clicked it? You mean the wifi on/off hardware button on the router? did you hold it for 2 seconds? 

If you do a wireless scan (not with the built in wireless) does it show? 

Do all devices have issues/ 
Did you factory reset the router? (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on)

Message 4 of 7
pachan888
Aspirant

The router hardware button is on, I think it is radio on. But I cannot search the Wi-Fi signal (maybe radio off). I connect lane cable to router to check the software config and get below result. Finally, I fall back to old firmware version v1.0.3.94_1.0.1. Everything become normal and set make the setting as usual.
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset next time FW is updated if you run into problems after doing a FW update.

@pachan888 wrote:
The router hardware button is on, I think it is radio on. But I cannot search the Wi-Fi signal (maybe radio off). I connect lane cable to router to check the software config and get below result. Finally, I fall back to old firmware version v1.0.3.94_1.0.1. Everything become normal and set make the setting as usual.

Message 6 of 7
RangerX
Apprentice

As an FYI, I have a RAX35 which is the same as the RAX40 without the USB port.

I updated to FW 1.0.4.102 and have had no problems with my wifi. I did not need to do a factory reset after the update either. Your problem may have been a fluke. I suggest you make a backup of your router settings and try installing the update again.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7