× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote connetion of Nighthawk AX3000 to T-Mobile gateway system

pmrii
Follower

Remote connetion of Nighthawk AX3000 to T-Mobile gateway system

I have a Netgear Nighthawk AX3000 model: RAX40-100NAS router.

Some devices are wifi and others are hardwired to a switch box which in turn connects to the router.

My cable ISP lost its local contract.  This has allowed me to consolidate services, etc.  So I went with T-Mobile for both phone and internet service.

I now  have the T-Mobile Internet Gateway tower, but it has to be located in another room and I cannot cable it to the Nighthawk.

How do I set up the Nighthawk to communicate with the Gateway  without making any adjustments to the Gateway.

My main concern is for the hardwired devices to work.  The wifi devices on the Nighthawk can be transferred to the Gateway.  I cannot relocate the switch box or Nighthawk.

Would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Remote connetion of Nighthawk AX3000 to T-Mobile gateway system

Check the routers web page under Advanced Tab/Advanced/Router mode for Bridge mode. This mode you can connect the RAX wirelessly to the ISP routers wifi as a client then you can connect wired devices to the RAX. There is AP mode but that needs a wired connection to the ISP router.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7