× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router(RAX35) wont obtain ip

Darrenboomer6
Follower

Router(RAX35) wont obtain ip

I cannot belive the product I have spent my money on. The day I bought this router Ive had nothing but problems. Today my router decided to no longer allow anything to connect. Saying cannot obtain ip address. Ive tried everything in the book to fix it. But need to be connected to the router to do so. (What a joke) so I put in a ticket for customer support. I'm told to call to fix the issue. (I'm deaf) let's not forget. You will be charged to call customer support after 90 days. So you'll be expected to pay someone to tell you to restart the router and turn it back on. Wonderful. Because it's my fault you released a faulty product into the public. So tell me. What is a deaf person supposed to do after paying almost 200 dollars for a product thats unable to perform its only task. Providing wifi?
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Router(RAX35) wont obtain ip

1. I doubt Netgear polls people that buy their products if their deaf. I know I've used TTY services in the past for clients i had that were deaf. If you're deaf, I'm sure you've used this service before and understand how it works.  

2. the 90 days of free support is on the box.

3. We're not netgear. We're the public support forum. Were a free resource to help people out and we're just people from the public who aren't paid that are volunteering our time to help. We're willing to help but don't mistake us for Netgear or what you've went through. 

4. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

5. We dont' know what "tried everything in the book" exactly includes. What have you tried? 

6. What firwware is on the router? 

7. Are you able to hardwire a pc/laptop into the router to access it? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7