× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Same thing here with rax50v2. Tried multiple browsers, multiple devices.

citiot
Tutor

firmware v1.1.4.28 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
citiot
Tutor

Re: unable to login to the web interface of my Nighthawk 5400

I chatted with support.  They said that log fills up and causes issue. I had to reset the device to factory.. ug.  That fixed it.

This time, I will save a backup configuration file so I can put back all the settings like wifi, dns, port fowarding.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
citiot
Tutor

I am not OP just to be clear. 

I noted that the redirect url has "qa" in it: https://accounts-qa.netgear.com/error?redirectUrl=http:%2F%2F192.168.1.1%2Fgenie_redirect_SSO.htm&serial_num=xxxxxxx

Took out "qa" and it is same result. Cable box is owned Surfboard s33 to Xfinity.

https://accounts.netgear.com/error?redirectUrl=http:%2F%2F192.168.1.1%2Fgenie_redirect_SSO.htm&seria...

citiot_0-1706229958637.png

citiot_1-1706230019976.png

Message 2 of 7
citiot
Tutor

I chatted with support.  They said that log fills up and causes issue. I had to reset the device to factory.. ug.  That fixed it.

This time, I will save a backup configuration file so I can put back all the settings like wifi, dns, port fowarding.  

Message 3 of 7

NETGEAR should enable clearing the cache from the mobile app.    I am able to access the router via the mobile app, but not via the web interface.  I'm so pissed about not having access to it and thinking that I don't have a backup of all the configuration.   I can't believe this is happening in 2024 where a seemingly good router would block my own access because the log cache is full.   Unbelievable.

Message 4 of 7

@carloslijeron wrote:

I am able to access the router via the mobile app, but not via the web interface. 

Why not? Have you tried fixing it?

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Seems to be related to this posting. Yet an other hijacked conversation:

Re: unable to login to the web interface of my Nig... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 7

@michaelkenward  I appreciate the feedback.

I work from home and uptime is very critical.  I had the same exact situation the original person posted and I was unable to access the router via HTTPS socket.      After some troubleshooting,  I realized the unit was not giving out IP addresses and the only solution I found was to reset it back to factory default.  Even after doing this, the unit would not give out IP addresses until I changed the pool from 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.1.254 to a smaller pool.    I will be migrating to Ubiquiti as I cannot afford to have any other downtime like this one.  It was so bizarre to have my entire home fail (smart appliances, lights and IoT devices).   Even my Synology devices blocked the router's IP 192.168.1.1, so the issue may have been a more serious situation .   

I now have a backup of the configuration and I set a reminder to clear the logs once a week. 

Thanks again !

CL

Message 6 of 7

@carloslijeron wrote:

After some troubleshooting,  I realized the unit was not giving out IP addresses and the only solution I found was to reset it back to factory default. 

That's the sort of behaviour that can sometimes be tracked back to putting a router behind a modem/router. We never got to the stage of asking you about that. What modem/ONT/gateway sits between your router and the Internet.

When you reset the router, it can detect that "upwind" modem/outer and give itself an IP address that does not clash with the first router. I have just been through that hell with my own router.

I now have a backup of the configuration and I set a reminder to clear the logs once a week. 

I don't know what the purpose of that is, or how you reached the conclusion that a full log is the cause. Just because @citiot had a problem with a completely different device tells us nothing about your issue. (That's why I recommended starting your own discussion.)

You can avoid filling up the logs by not recording irrelevant events that you don't want to know about. You could even turn off all logging.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7