× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite Mesh Compatible with Nighthawk AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router

Stew932
Follower

Satellite Mesh Compatible with Nighthawk AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router

I've got a Nighthawk AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router that the whole family loves. Lately, I've been wondering if we could possibly add a mesh satellite to extend the signal to the back yard. I went to Best Buy today and no one knew the answer. One employee recommended I just purchase "any" satellite mesh from any company, try it, and if it didn't work, return it for a refund. 

Does anyone know if any Netgear mesh satellites are compatible?

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Satellite Mesh Compatible with Nighthawk AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router

@Stew932 wrote:

I've got a Nighthawk AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router that the whole family loves. Lately, I've been wondering if we could possibly add a mesh satellite to extend the signal to the back yard. I went to Best Buy today and no one knew the answer. One employee recommended I just purchase "any" satellite mesh from any company, try it, and if it didn't work, return it for a refund. 

User manuals would be a good place to start.  Go to the Downloads section at the top of this page and enter your model number and it will take you to a page to download the user manual.  Note: AX6600 is not a model number, it is a marketing label.  Look on the nameplate on the back of your unit.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite Mesh Compatible with Nighthawk AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router

MESH satellites only connect to MESH Routers. The RAX is not a MESH router. 

You can connect up a EAX series extender however. 

@Stew932 wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7